It’s hard to believe another year has come and gone, but here we are in 2018! Facing a brand new year is both exciting and daunting, offering us the possibility of starting over in many areas of our lives, such as health and wellness and work habits.
Along with upgrading our personal lifestyles, pet wellness can and should be on the forefront of our New Year’s resolutions. Our list of ideas are designed to be simple and effective ways to give your pet a healthy boost in 2018!
2018 Pet Wellness Resolutions
Set your furry pal up for success with our pet wellness tips:
- Nutritional overhaul – Providing your pet with the highest quality nutrition possible is a key factor in their continuing good health. Your veterinarian will be happy to work with you to find the right nutrition plan for your pet.
- The weight is over – Pet obesity is a serious problem in the U.S., and with it comes a variety of health challenges, including high blood pressure, diabetes, joint issues, and cancer. Daily, age-appropriate exercise is a wonderful way to keep your pet at a healthy weight.
- Those pearly whites – The importance of pet dental care cannot be understated. Keeping your pet’s teeth and gums in good condition through home care and regular dental examinations and cleanings increases longevity and helps avoid the need for painful and expensive medical procedures.
- Look sharp – Committing to regular pet grooming will not only ensure a clean and great looking pet, it can have enormous impacts on their health. Besides reducing shedding, matting, and allergies, consistent grooming may alert you to any changes to your pet’s skin, eye, and ear health.
- Planning ahead – If you haven’t set up a savings account for your pet’s medical care, now is the time to consider doing so. Many pet owners opt to purchase pet insurance as another method to make sure they can provide their pets with the veterinary care they need. The staff at Lone Tree Veterinary Medical Center will be happy to discuss pet insurance options with you.
As always, your team at Lone Tree Veterinary Medical Center is here for you! Don’t hesitate to contact us with your questions and concerns regarding pet wellness, or any other question that pertains to your sweet pet. Happy New Year!