Skip to main navigation Skip to main content

Lone Tree, Colorado (303) 708‑8050 Open 6 Days a Week

Monday-Friday: 7 a.m.–6 p.m.
Saturday: 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
Sunday: Closed

Lone Tree Veterinary Medical Center

“We believe that all pets deserve to have a good life.”

Health Certificates for Pets on the Go

At Lone Tree Veterinary Medical Center, we have the expertise to provide international travel health certificates for your dog or cat to most international destinations. Our specialist can research the specific country’s requirements, schedule any needed veterinary visits, and issue the appropriate documents so your pet can travel across international borders and overseas.

When planning on international travel with a pet, it is important to start the certification process as soon as possible. Certificate approval can take several months or more and varies by country. In many situations, there are complicated steps to follow that can change without notice. All have specific time limits to fulfill requirements in order for a pet to be approved and certified. It will be your responsibility to make sure your pet gets the required tests at the right time in order for the health certificate to be approved by the departure date.

Lone Tree Veterinary Medical Center
Cat laying on a bed

We advise that you contact us right away so there is adequate time for your pet to have the required exam, lab tests, and vaccinations, and for the documentation to be prepared and submitted for approval. Learn more about the international health certificate process for pets by reading our blog.

Due to the complexity involved in the months-long approval process for pet travel to Australia, New Zealand, and South Africa, we do not oversee the scheduling process for these destinations and will refer you to a pet transport company that offers this service. We can provide, at your request, any required diagnostic tests, treatments and vaccinations, provided that your pet has had a physical exam at our facility within the past 12 months.